Options

Cisco CCT cert.

RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here have the Cisco CCT R/S cert? I had no idea this certification even existed until a couple hours ago, and was just wondering if it's a good ramp into to CCENT?

I've decided to study for Net+ first instead of going straight into CCENT, and should be ready to sit the exam around March 1. Does CCT line up better than Net+ with CCENT?

Thx!

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I had never heard of it either, but here's a pretty good article about it vs. CCENT.

It was written by Wendell Odom.

Choosing the New CCTRS Instead of CCENT? Really?
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    Thanks for the link! This seems to be more of a Cisco H/W install/tech. cert. Also, it seems to be maybe about a quarter to a third of CCENT study time. Looks like a pretty nice way to get Cisco certification on the resume for the first time.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Seems like more of a waste of time when you could be studying for the CCNA to me.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with networker050184 but I did find this: Network Technician (fremont / union city / newark)

Acuative, the nation's leading Independent Service Provider of voice and data communications field services seeks an experienced network technician. You will spend the majority of your time covering the Greater San Francisco Bay Area providing installation services on data telecommunications equipment.

The successful candidates will possess 3+ years experience installing the following: CSU's, DSU's, Channel Banks, Dmarc extensions, Routers, Hubs, Switches, T-1, DS-1, DS-3, fiber, and wiring and cabling.

To be considered for this position candidates are required to be able to identify commonly used Cisco networking equipment, their functions, accessories, cables, and interfaces. Candidates must prove facility in the manipulation of the IOS, understanding of the Command Line Interface, and experience downloading configurations. We have a strong preference for candidates that possess the Cisco CCT Routing and Switching Certification, the CCENT or the CCNA.

Experience installing Key sets and PBX's a plus. We expect all field technicians be computer literate (laptop) and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude and a willingness to adhere to Company policy and procedures. Acuative is a 7X24X365 service organization that requires technicians be amenable to call outs and travel.

Acuative was built on a foundation of exemplary service towards our customers. We expect all field resources match our commitment to customer service.

Acuative offers a full benefits package and competitive compensation for candidates who make the grade.

Neither sponsorship nor relocation are offered.

Acuative is a military friendly employer.