Monster , Careerbuilder , Dice , and wherever else. Where do you get the most views?

SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
Where do you guys tend to get the most views on your resume ?

After about 3 weeks here is what I'll have

Monster: 4-10
CareerBuilder: 30-50
Dice: 4-7

Me: Tier 2 Service Desk Guy

Now if you apply for positions I've noticed that makes your views go up, I didn't apply for any positions in those numbers. But even after applying for 20 positions at dice views were still unchanged. Also getting the most hits from careerbuilder.

Comments

• jesseou812jesseou812 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doubt those are views. More like a spambots probing for e-mail addresses. If your resume has a clear text e-mail addy, you will be getting e-mails for erectile dysfunction drugs from a Canadian pharmacy.

At least this was my experience posting a resume on these sites 6 years ago.
  • NutsacjacNutsacjac Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Dice and Indeed from recruiters.
    Monster and Careerbuilder nothing but SPAM.

LinkedIn I have yet to get someone to offer me a job here in IL.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really like Glassdoor.com. I got my break into networking on Monster though.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Indeed for me.
  • CyberhooliganCyberhooligan Registered Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd say dice is good for its authenticity in view count.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't remember I saw this (will try to dig it up), but based on some serious research done by a few companies....60% of job postings on places like Dice/Monster/etc are already filled. They say companies post them as an external HR requirement. Personally I've found that applying to some companies directly and leveraging LinkedIn lead to the best success. The other interesting statistic is that 85% of people get jobs based on who they know or a connection they make and not actual skill. Not really sure how I feel about that...
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't really watch this, but when I get calls from recruiters, I think most of them mention finding my resume on Monster.

The only site I actively search is Indeed though.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say Indeed, Dice, and LinkedIn have gotten me the most views.
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    i got my biggest break from the prospective employers website. I put my profile on the site without tying it to a position, six months later the system matched some of the terms so it encouraged me to apply for a new position, for which I was able to tune up my resume and add more relevant points.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, I've actually had more calls from Careerbuilder then any other site. If your looking for pure apply to calls then Craigslist and LinkedIn were better as any posting I've applied for I've gotten a call.

I would disagree with the 85% unless they are interviewing state and local government jobs.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I search Indeed to get an idea of what is out there and requirements companies might be looking for. I try and keep my Monster and Dice up to date because my last couple of jobs were not advertised online. Actually I think I am getting calls from LinkedIn mostly....
  • UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The job I have now I found on craigslist.