Options

Accepted to WGU

LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
The application process was pretty smooth I'd say. The talk with the Enrollment Counselor was pretty smooth as well, although I had to track one down, the one assigned to me was not putting in any effort to work with me on scheduling a time.

The 'assessment' was a joke to be honest. You could almost google all the math problems easily (not saying I did, but when trying to remember how to perform a function on a calculator, it pretty much can answer your question). The essay portion was easy, just double check your spelling and grammar. And the grammar portion was actually pretty good I thought.

I got 13/35 classes waived with my 4 CompTIA certs (A+, Net+, Sec+, Serv+) along with other courses I got transferred over.

I got accepted despite going to 3 different colleges. But I obtained certificates from one, and dropped out the other two (one school wasn't taking care of me, the other school was great, except I left because I wanted a job). I explained this to my enrollment counselor for transparancy.

I got accepted to the BSIT: ND&M, really excited for this degree and can't wait to start hitting the Server stuff. I don't even have to do the MTA stuff because of my CompTIA's.

So 22 classes to finish, I'd say about 10 of those classes are Gen Ed's which I plan to crush as fast as possible, then hit the real stuff.

Without TE, I'd never have found this college, so I owe a big thank you to TE (and it's members) for all the help and resources provided for free. Your expertise and answering re-run questions has helped me tremendously.

I'd say 1 year from start to finish before I have my Bachelors, thats being optimistic if I can pass all my Server certs. ^^
Kindly doing the needful

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice work - Congratulations and good luck
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cant wait for the server stuff?
    I hate that stuff!
    JK, but the MS exams are really tough imo.

Good luck and congrats
  • Options
    LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lol yeah :)

I actually do enjoy the Server stuff, I've read a book or two and have dabbled in creating FS's, DC's and DNS Servers, I'm really excited. My longterm goal, is to be a network architect or infrastructure architect.

Although I'm breaking into Sales at my current job, and doing account manager stuff, (which isn't bad, more experience the better) my real long term goal is Enterprise type stuff.
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting into WGU. I will be starting my app process sometime in December (after I graduate from my gen ed classes).
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019