Options

Resume review requested & How can I "specialize" into a role so I can apply to more..

kylepossiblekylepossible Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here's my resume imgur: the simple image sharer

Is it acceptable any tips to make it better/stand out more?

My second question is I only have 3 months working in a "real" help desk environment. Is it even possible to "specialize" into a specific category without touching whatever you're learning outside your house in a work environment? If so could someone list some categories I could teach myself on my own so I can apply to more then just help desk jobs or is that not a possibility given my experience?

Comments

• Options
    kylepossiblekylepossible Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Order should go like this:
    Contact info
    Technical skills
    Certification
    Experience
    Education (remove GPA)

Also, expound on your points more. What specific software/hardware did you work with? Did you upload documents to a knowledgebase? What do you mean by fixed corrupt operating systems, or logging problems and solutions? Again, explain in more detail. It's very good how you list the stats for the helpdesk position, it's more of the specific stuff like that to add credence to your work history.

In the operating systems section, Windows should be capitalized. Also you skipped 2003 but you say 'all MS OS's'? Did you work with 2008r2x64? What did you do with the server OS's? might be a question you would be asked so be prepared on how to answer that. Also Active Directory is capitalized. Also be ready to be asked about SCCM and Citrix since you list them.