Options

DOS - What does your ISP do for you ?

LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
Have you ever been a victim of a DOS attack ? How far did your ISP go to help you ?

I have assisted different customers who have been victims of DOS attacks lately and I have really only found one ISP to be very helpful in this situation.

Comments

• Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That service is not free... Your client have to pay for it...
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nestech wrote: »
    That service is not free... Your client have to pay for it...

Well, right, but there's a line somewhere and it's not defined. If I have been able to identify a single source IP and I call in a carrier and request they blackhole it, I know of some ISPs that will do that and some that don't.
  • Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lizano wrote: »
    Well, right, but there's a line somewhere and it's not defined. If I have been able to identify a single source IP and I call in a carrier and request they blackhole it, I know of some ISPs that will do that and some that don't.

If they are paying for it the should have a portal for you to login... So you the see what kind of traffic is coming in to your network... Peakflow alarm for Bandwidth attack or Protocol attack...
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Ours does nothing. Just what above said I can see what traffic is coming in but otherwise we are on our own.