Options

How long did it take you to get your MCPID after passing your first Microsoft exam?

coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-680 on 1/9/2014 - two weeks ago. Haven't received a confirmation email that I passed, a MCP ID, or anything of that nature. I'm going to be taking the follow-up exam, 70-685, tomorrow. I want to get my MCP ID so I can register everything on Microsoft's website and get my information to properly put everything on my resume.

I am reading some people saying it took 2 months to get their information...that's pretty poor for a company as large as Microsoft. CompTIA was getting me my information within 1-2 business days usually.

What are your experiences?
System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure

Comments

• Options
    MCITBoundMCITBound Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would actually go to Computer Training | Computer Certifications | Microsoft and click on the right side to talk to a live person. They should help answer when you get your MCPID. I received mine within 2 weeks.
    If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool:
  • Options
    Spoke with them over the phone. Provided me my ID number but advised that the test isn't on my transcript yet. I have to scan my test report, email it to them, and wait 3-5 business days for the site to update.

2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    Attempting to log in with the MC ID to obtain an access code generates the error:

We were unable to send your access code. Please try again later.

Guess I have to wait. Sigh.

• Options
    IceBlackIceIceBlackIce Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I did my first exam, last month it took one day to get my MCP ID, first exam on Microsoft as well, so new member.
    I didnt receive the new exam on my transcript yet, 2 days after.

I know they had some issues with their MCP site, I was getting emails to create a new MCP ID every couple of days, this was a couple of weeks back, and today when checking if I had the transcript with the new data, most of times, it errors out.

I guess I will wait until next week or something
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Attempting to log in with the MC ID to obtain an access code generates the error:

We were unable to send your access code. Please try again later.

Guess I have to wait. Sigh.

I know this sounds really silly but what browser are you using? I think IE works best with anything MS and also I believe you pretty much have to use IE for any of their Online Academy training and that sort of thing. Just a thought. Might want to give IE a try if you haven't already. Not sure if it would make any difference, but worth a shot.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    techwizard wrote: »
    I know this sounds really silly but what browser are you using? I think IE works best with anything MS and also I believe you pretty much have to use IE for any of their Online Academy training and that sort of thing. Just a thought. Might want to give IE a try if you haven't already. Not sure if it would make any difference, but worth a shot.

Nope, just tried it with IE. Was worth a shot. Thanks though! Called the MCP support line again. First rep told me that I would be able to log in, but it would be an empty transcript. The second rep has advised me that I cannot login because the MCP database requires a minimum of one exam on the transcript to login (first rep was incorrect).

Apparently the testing center had 'technical difficulties' and did not send my score report to Microsoft. This representative is having me scan my testing report to him directly and will be following up with me individually to make sure that everything gets worked out. That being said...I am taking another exam at this testing center tomorrow. Hope this doesn't become a recurring problem.