Options

should I purchase CBT Nuggets

buj77buj77 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I was wondering if I should spend the money on cbt nuggets videos. I was on the website reading the reviews about he different videos. Does anyone know how good these videos are. I want to get A+ Net+ and ccna cert. Are these videos worth the 200+ bucks.

Please reply
thanks

Comments

• Options
    determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    buj77,

I think that the CBT Nuggets are over-rated. There are a lot of other CBT's out there that are better quality.

LearnKey
    TestOut

Search google for CBT's and try to get demo's from multiple website and you can decide for yourself which one you think fits you best.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I liked them, compared the the guy on the Learnkey ones, he talked way to fast for me to take everything in, CBT nuggets did it abit better at explaining, but to be honest you really a book aswell as any CBT.
  • Options
    bamaboybamaboy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think CBT Nuggets is a great buy, even though I used my roommate disks icon_twisted.gif I used it for the A+exams and passed, but you can't only use it as a standalone study guide and think you'll pass the exam but it is a great tool for you to get a visual understanding of whats going on. All I used for studying was CBT Nuggets/PrepLogic/MeasureUp.
    BAMABOY
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets are definitely top class and usually a good purchase.
    bamaboy I hope for your sake nobody knows who you are. CBT Nuggets are very protective of their product and using pirated goods is bad karma dude icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    buj77buj77 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does anyone know anything about trainsignal cbt videos. I just want to compare the two to see which one is the better product.

thanks for your replies. This is a GREEAAATTT site!
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    RussS wrote:
    CBT Nuggets are definitely top class and usually a good purchase.
    bamaboy I hope for your sake nobody knows who you are. CBT Nuggets are very protective of their product and using pirated goods is bad karma dude icon_confused.gif
    Dunno if they are doing a good job of protecting their product. I have seen it all over Peer 2 Peer networks.

If you know what the material is it won't help you. If you are new at this stuff then its a great way to see and learn. Its kind of tedious and drawn out but gives you a great foundation to start with the books.

I generally read the books 4-5 times and take a test.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    Not to get off the subject, but people are reselling CBT Nuggets on Ebay when it's only licensed to one person, and it's tons of ISO's of it on Lime Wire. But the A+ Series was the only disk I used from my roommate, he was just helping me out so I could pass the test and now that I'm certified now, I bought my own disk from CBT Nuggets, I now own my own copies of Network + and MCDST.
    BAMABOY
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff bababoy icon_thumright.gif

Trailerisf Yes they are on many file sharing sites - just like lots of other illegal stuff. That however does not change the fact that using them is stealing - plain and simple.
    We had a new guy start at work and he was bragging about how he passed so many exams so quickly. When I talked to him about it and asked if he had used **** he said no - but he also said that he downloaded every exam sim he could find on peer 2 peer and used those. He said it was ok because they were legitimate tools. Needless to say he is no longer with us - none of the current engineers would take him onto a clients site because if he would steal those he would steal anything and our companies reputation is too good to have tarnished by employing a thief.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    You are so true, that's why I only use authorized comptia training

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/training_materials.aspx

But I think CBT Nuggets is great for refreshing the brain if you get tired of reading a book.
    BAMABOY