PluralSight

Has anyone here used the resources on Pluralsight? Any comments on its worth?

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Good. Very good. I have used TrainSignal for a while and after Pluralsight has taken over I have come to use some of the Pluralsight videos. They are done well. Many of the programming ones are also good. My 0.2 though !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    +1. My work got me a license after the merger with TS and there's definitely good stuff there.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very good I paid out of pocket for a month to do the 70-461 module. However I am too cheap to pay for an on going subscription so I killed it off. Still very good resource and really helped me with some of my SQL Studies for 461.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Their VMware videos are very good, I used them for CCENT/CCNA also when they had Chris Bryant - they subsequently got rid of him for some reason, I thought he was pretty good. I prefer CBT Nuggets for Windows stuff but I will be trying Pluralsight for Server 2012 exams this time around in tandem.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have a corporate account as we are trialling them at work. I am going through the CCIE series and I find Jo Astorino difficult to listen to but he does know his stuff.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love their videos. I'm glad they merged.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Ditto.

I have an annual subscription paid by my employer. I originally chose Trainsignal over CBT Nuggets for the larger variety of Citrix content. Unfortunately CBT has been faster to market with the latest XenDesktop 7 training.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I find it t be very helpful with Windows 2008 R2 Server training.
  • ILUVITILUVIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have found Pluralsight to be very helpful, their video material is good.
    Goals for 2014: 70-687, 70-688 :cheers:
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When they axed the MS practice exams from the Trainsignal side of the house, I cancelled my membership. That was why I went with TS instead of CBT in the first place. I'll probably try CBT in the future if I can free up enough time to make it back to certification.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For everyone that is using the Pluralsight, are you using the $30.00 monthly plan, or the $50.00 monthly plan?

Pluralsight Individual Plans

Looking at the $50.00 plan, I wonder if you really need the exercise files? Has anyone used them, or found them helpful?

Has anyone tried the assessments?

Can you still set up labs without using the exercise files?

I'm just trying evaluate the $30.00 vs. the $50.00
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yearly membership when they offered the 30% off. Can't beat that.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased the $50 subscription, but I quickly found myself neglecting the assessments and lab files. I have since switched to the $30 a month plan.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use them all the time - but only the videos, none of the other material. Work pays for the subscription.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Recently my supervisor approved me and my employees a subscription which I plan to start using probably next week. I think that their subscription model is very nice and their videos are high quality from what I have heard.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter