Options

Resume for Internship

citrus_sugarcitrus_sugar Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've gone through a lot of the resume threads and have gotten some great info, but I wanted to post mine for feedback as well.

The background is I have to do an internship to graduate with my A.S. in Net Admin, however I have to have a paid internship in order to pay my bills, and those are very competitive of course. That being the case it is absolutely imperative that I am at the very least called for an interview.

I have great soft skills and have never not gotten a job offer once I interview, so this document will be the key to unlocking future doors.

As an aside, I am thankful for finding this site; it has a treasure trove of info.

Name
l phone l email

Targeting IT Internship

l Upcoming St Petersburg College graduate offering a strong academic background in technology combined with exceptional interpersonal skills
l Experience administering remotely preventative maintenance, data security, and website support as an independent contractor
l Utilizes critical thinking skills to resolve issues regarding both in house and externally to clients and members
l Generates consistently exceeding scores in quality and performance assessments
l Established work ethic enables immediate contributions in both team and/or autonomous environments
l Trained in class environments technologies including Windows client and server administration, networking hardware and protocols, enterprise security, Linux OSes, and programming languages

Education

St Petersburg College
Degree expected July 2014

A.S. in Network Administration In Progress GPA: 3.2

Current Certifications:
Microsoft WindowsServer Administration, License # 0000
Microsoft Windows Operating System, License # 0000
CompTIA A+ Certification, Cert # 0000

Technology Summary

Systems:
Server 2012, 2008, 2003; Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP; Multiple Linux Distributions

Languages:
HTML, CSS

Software:
Active Directory, Windows Powershell, Hyper-V, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Remote Desktop, Log MeIn, TeamViewer

Hardware:
Configuration and maintenance of desktops, laptops, and printers; Ethernet, switches, routers, networked phones, cabling including Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6

Performance Summary

Job 1
Member Provider Services, Feb 2012-Current

· Illustrates expert knowledge of multiple programs assigned to administrate with consistently high quality scores
· Resolves inquiries from clients accurately, and in a timely manner
· Trains new employees on team to achieve equally high standards of quality
· Advises technical team as a beta tester for company upgrades and software roll outs
· Accepts responsibility for personal and team levels of quality

Independent Contractor
Technology Mercenary, January 2012-Current

· Utilizes combinations of skills learned through training and experience in a multi-faceted role
· Development of professional communication skills to obtain contracts and temporary assignments from any available source
  • Provided affordable IT services at low relative cost
  • Enforces strong work skills to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources

Job 2
Customer Service Representative, Sept 2008-Jan 2012

· Received incoming telephone calls, maintaining an extremely high level of quality
· Produced accurate and succinct documentation regarding each customer query from initial contact through resolution
· Reviewed and maintained updated knowledge on applicable program, plan and policy provisions
· Participated in special projects at the request of supervisors
Goals for 2014: Summer Internship, Graduate, Net+, Sec+, CCENT