Options

What cert should i do next?

rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
So i just passed A+ ( 801 & 802 ) and i am planning on taking both the network+ and 70-680 exams but i cant decide on the order in which i would take these exams since i don't have any real experience yet. what do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    70-680 personally. You studied A+, I think it makes sense to deep dive into the most used operating system in the world.
  • Options
    anyone else conform that 70-680 would make more sense to attempt first?
  • Options
    beaucaldwellbeaucaldwell Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    70-680 would pick up perfectly from where the A+ leads off as far as configuring W7. prob easier to do that first since its going to be fresh in your memory. Also, if you wait to take the N+ for a few months, that's a few more months you'll get on the a+ cert since it will renew the 3yr on it...
  • Options
    can anyone recommend the best books for the 70-680 exam?
  • Options
    DissonantDataDissonantData Member Posts: 158
    The 70-680 cert is most likely going to lead you to a system administration career. If that's what you want to do then fine. Just make sure you are aware of other routes, like the CCNA for networking.
  • Options
    yes i am aware of the other routes but i am not going to attempt the CCNA unless i get some experience first, i am going to concentrate on Comptia and MS certs until i get a job and some experience.