Options

Time to knock CCNA Sec

StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
After a week of rest after finishing CCNA R&S I want to start CCNA Sec on Monday as I am quickly writing HP ATP this coming Friday.

Have anyone used Chris Bryant's or CBT Nuggets CCNA Sec video's? Which 1 would you recommend? I am leaning towards Chris Bryant as he goes a lot more in depth and comparing between the amount of video's Chris Bryant are a lot more.
2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
LinkedIn

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I have Chris Bryants sec course purchased, and plan on filling in the gaps with the OCG to fill in the cracks, though I have to say I really enjoy Chris's videos. It's hard to tell what exact topics are covered though by the goofy video titles.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have his uDemy course. Very thorough.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Even though his videos are a bit dry compared to CBT Nuggets I found his better when it came to explaining certain topics I did not understand fully after reading OCG.

Chris Bryant it is than....
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FWIW, Keith Barker is one of the author's of the CCNA Sec OCG, and he is also the instructor for the latest CCNA Sec CBT Nuggets videos. I found them to compliment each other very nicely.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used both the uDemy (Chris Bryant) and the Keith Barker CBT Nuggets course. I can tell you that by far the Keith Barker series was superior. As mentioned, Keith is the Author to the Cisco Official Certification Guide (which I also purchased to study). I used the Christ Bryant CCNA Sec videos supplementally. I Used the Chris Bryant videos for CCNA R&S mostly.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I used the OCG and Chris Bryant's videos and passed. I couldn't justify the cost for CBT when I got the Bryant videos for 22 dollars.
    WGU grad