Options

Still Tweaking this Resume

BjmachBjmach Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Have tweaked my resume further. Retirement is coming up quickly and will need to be ready to enter a different workforce. If you don't mind please give me some honest feedback/criticism on how to improve this even further. Thanks so much for your time.

WIP Resume.doc

V/r
Robert

Comments

• Options
    bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    First of all, THANK YOU for serving our country icon_thumright.gif. The only critique I can offer is some of your current experience is written in the past tense. Some of those areas, IMHO should be in present tense.
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    My first thought is that while the content is super it is a little dense to read through. Lots of blocky paragraphs.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your input. I do think it is a bit wordy as well even though its down to two pages. After 20 yrs its hard to condense everything but I do think I still need to chop a bit down. Should I add more bullet type accomplishments and less explanation of my duties?
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    I think the general rule is to go back 10 years of experience?

I really loved reading the content, just maybe find a way to curtail it yeah.
  • Options
    Yep unfortunately thats 10 for me. First time I wrote this I had over 10 pages trying to fit everything I did in the last 20 yrs in my resume. I agree I think I can still tweak it down further, another person that reviewed it also told me I need a little white space in there.