Need help with this packet tracer problem.....ip route

StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
Hi, so im having trouble with packet tracer. This is what im supposed to do, i have 4 routers connected in a square shape, each router has it's own subnetwork and i have to get each router to communicate with each other. I can get the routers to communicate with the one's next to it but i can't get the routers across from each other to communicate. I have to use ip route in the command line to do this.

Currently reading Network Warrior

Comments

• gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're missing static routes buddy (I'm sure you knew this which is why its not working). Just make sure each router knows how to get to the destination using their adjacent routers as their next hop. Look at R4 obviously your missing routes there if you want to reach across to R2
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just ^^ said. Remember routers are 'dumb' devices. They do not infer. You have to be specific.
  • StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    Sorry i should have said this in my other post but i left R4 and R2 alone for now cause i couldn't get R1 and R3 to ping both ways. It pings from 1 to 3 but not 3 to 1. Any idea why that is?
    Currently reading Network Warrior
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry i should have said this in my other post but i left R4 and R2 alone for now cause i couldn't get R1 and R3 to ping both ways. It pings from 1 to 3 but not 3 to 1. Any idea why that is?

Looks like when you ping from 3 to 1 its sourcing from a different address that 1 does not know how to get too. Try sourcing your ping from 10.2.0.0 network see if its able to get there.