Want to get ahead of the game help?

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
Ok so im sure you guys know that I got a new job and im scheduled to start on the 24th of Feb. My I immediate supervisor is already my connection on LinkedIn. I want to go into work prepared and ready to work, so I thought I would write to him on linkedin and ask him what systems and software I would be working with so I can kind of focus on those skills until I start. Do you guys think its a good idea, or should I just wait until I start and see how it is like.
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am no expert but i am guessing it is a good idea, it shows initiative
  • googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    This sounds like something you should have learned in the interview, asking this question and others. What does the job description show? Should have a pretty good idea, but if not, depending on your relationship with him already, then via linkedin should be OK.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are on buddy buddy terms with him then yeah ask via linkedin.
    If it still a pretty formal relationship then I wouldnt ask.
    You shouldve asked in the interview.
  • ITforyearsITforyears Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with olaHalo. I would not even link myself to my supervisor on any networking site but that is just me. Perhaps, coming in a few days before your start date to observe may be appropriate.

I am 24 years military so my relationships with my superiors have always been engaged when required.