Options

CCNP Self Study

coolacoola Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,

I recently finished upgrading my MCSE from win2k to 2003 thank god. so now im free to concentate on my CCNP. Can i get peoples ideas please on the best books to buy for the routing exam??? also i have 2 cisco 3810s , will these do or should i buy more or even a switch?

appreciate any help

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Congrats on your MCSE,

I found the best book for the routing exam was the Ciscopress Self study series, if you have a foudning knowledge already use the exam certification guide, if not start with the self study guide. A lot of people would reccomend Sybex and while I like the Sybex series the BSCI one just doesnt cut the mustard IMHO! 2 3800's you lucky person! however a couple more is ideal as two routers inst enough to practice a lot of the routing stuff especially BGP stuff. switch will be usefull but not really urgent for routing but will be for switching module, infact 2 really to do trunking etc. 2950 is the most cost effective option or 3550 if you have the budget

Good luck
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    coolacoola Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for that. i have a ccna s you can see. is that enough of a grounding knowledge to just go and do the exam cert bool or do you think i should read the big book first. along with the 3800s , i have decided to buy 2 other routers, what ones do you think should suffice for me??? what are the most cost effective that will do the job for me