Options

Books for the CCNA SP?

wlind9999wlind9999 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Have an employer that I am working to get a position for and they are heavy on the SP side of Cisco. They want me to have my CCNP SP at the end of my first year but I am not seeing much out there book wise for the CCNA SP. I don't want to spend 1K on a boot camp course since I learn better via reading and doing my own hands on. Right now I am researching IS-IS on the web for my third round technical interview and looking forward now to learning more.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There aren't any books specifically created for the exams. There never really have been any books for the SP exams even in the CCIP days (besides QoS). So if you don't want to shell out for the official training you have to piece together information from other recourses using the exam objectives like always.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    wlind9999wlind9999 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There aren't any books specifically created for the exams. There never really have been any books for the SP exams even in the CCIP days (besides QoS). So if you don't want to shell out for the official training you have to piece together information from other recourses using the exam objectives like always.

Thanks for the information. A bit disheartening but I was getting that feeling more and more as I was doing my searches on the web.