Having a Brain Fart. Will this work as depicted?

kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
So, I am in the process of designing a network, and I am having a brain fart. I need someone to please check this and let me know if it makes sense and will function correctly. NetworkCustomerFacingV4.pdf
What I am working on
CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
CCNP Switch (Next Year)
CCNP TShoot (Next Year)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Your IP addressing looks a bit confusing. You are planning to have the Edgemarc connected to the 1841via an Ethernet connection and in the same subnet as your T1 connection? Is that a misprint and the T1 will be addressed out of the 67.133?

Besides that it looks like your setup will technically work. I couldn't tell if you it is a design capable of meeting the needs though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    Your IP addressing looks a bit confusing. You are planning to have the Edgemarc connected to the 1841via an Ethernet connection and in the same subnet as your T1 connection? Is that a misprint and the T1 will be addressed out of the 67.133?

long nights and long weekends make for a corrupted brain.
    Yes, that is the IP scheme given to me by the customer to use/assign.
    The Edgemarc needs to have an outside/routable IP.
    If the inside port of the 1841 is set as a switch port, won't it allow the WAN port of the EdgeMarc and 1841 to be within the same subnet?
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)

Besides that it looks like your setup will technically work. I couldn't tell if you it is a design capable of meeting the needs though.

Okay, I think the caffeine is kicking in.
    The Inside port of the 1841 needs to have an outside IP address assigned that is not within the same network as the WAN IP.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok, looking at your diagram it will definitely work, you have an ethernet switch, what looks to be a l3 switch and a router.
    All have ip addresses and all are cabled, just one question? what's it supposed to do?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    EdTheLad wrote: »
    Ok, looking at your diagram it will definitely work, you have an ethernet switch, what looks to be a l3 switch and a router.
    All have ip addresses and all are cabled, just one question? what's it supposed to do?
    Well, my main concern is the left side for the Voice portion.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    How will this work? As said by networker, this won't work unless you change your WAN IP to be in the same subnet as your T1.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    How will this work? As said by networker, this won't work unless you change your WAN IP to be in the same subnet as your T1.

Which part won't work? Will the communication between the Edgemarc and 1841 work/not work or will the communication between the 1841 and ISP work/not work.

Thanks
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
    You are confusing some very basic stuff here. You can't plug a T1 into an ethernet switch as that is basically what you are doing here. These two need to be separate subnets. I'm assuming the 67.133 subnet is for the T1 as i will be your gateway.
    You are confusing some very basic stuff here. You can't plug a T1 into an ethernet switch as that is basically what you are doing here. These two need to be separate subnets. I'm assuming the 67.133 subnet is for the T1 as i will be your gateway.
    Sorry, I am not seeing what you are stating. Cisco 1841 Integrated Services Router - Cisco Systems
    The 1841 should be able to accept a T1 via VWIC card, correct?

But, what you are stating is as follows:
    The EdgeMarc and 1841 need to communicate via the 207.201.xxx.58 and 207.201.xxx.57 IPs. Would the inside port of the 1841 then need to be the 207.201.xxx.57 address?
    The WAN IP of the 1841 needs to have an IP within the 67.133.xxx.x network to match the WAN Gateway IP of 67.133.xxx.13.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
    Yes the router has a T1 and an ethernet switch. They aren't a single entity. It's basically an integrated router on a stick setup. Imagine a router with two T1s. They can't be on the same subnet. Same thing with a T1 and an ethernet interface. Or any two router interfaces.

Yes you got it right on the second part.
    Yes the router has a T1 and an ethernet switch. They aren't a single entity. It's basically an integrated router on a stick setup. Imagine a router with two T1s. They can't be on the same subnet. Same thing with a T1 and an ethernet interface. Or any two router interfaces.

Yes you got it right on the second part.

Okay, I see what you are stating. I believe there is confusion on my part, in stating that the 1841 will be bonding the T1s. It should reflect it as the 1841 is accepting the handoff from the ISP router/modem bonding the T1s. So, the correct connection to the 1841 would be ethernet.
    With that said, the Edgemarc to 1841 communication needs to be a routed connection, not switch based and will need the IPs set as the following:
    EdgeMarc WAN 207.201.xxx.58 and Inside port of the 1841 as 207.201.xxx.57

The WAN Port of the 1841 will need to be within the 67.133.xxx.x network to communicate with the ISP router/modem which should have the IP of 67.133.xxx.13.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need a default route on the 1841 and advertise it back to the Edgemarc router, or 2 statics whatever you choose.I presume the 1841 is performing NAT.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    Looks good now.
    I do believe I have it now. I researched this and the 1841 does have the ability to perform bonding of (2) T1s. The Network Engineer will just need to configure PPP multi-link. Here is a diagram of the changes I made. Now, be advised that I have gone away from the technical/configuration side of the house with my current job and I am solely designing/engineering Telecom solutions for customers.

Sorry, had to remove due to info still on there. Here it is again.

NetworkCustomerFacingV5.pdf
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    That will work.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I researched this and the 1841 does have the ability to perform bonding of (2) T1s.

If the 1841 supports the VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1, then you could probably get two of them and bond 8 t1's if that's how many you need. I've done that before with a 2901.