Options

Needed Cables to complete home lab.

pkepke Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I began studying for the CCENT about 8 days ago. I've been spending around three hours a day, after work reading Tom Lammle's 100-101 book and have found it surprisingly helpful. I do a lot of driving for work and usually listen to youtube videos about topics that need good reinforcement (TCP header, PDUs, subnetting etc.).

I'll be finishing chapter 5 tomorrow and since it will begin to delve into Cisco's IOS, I decided to purchase some lab equipment. I purchased two 1841s and two 2950s for a relatively cheap price. Unfortunately they are stand alone units only coming with their power cords because I didn't want to pony up for a lab kit.

I'll be scheduling for my test this week and plan to take it by the first week of April so I can really light a fire under my seat.

With all of this said, So far I have purchased two console cables, this serial adapter, and a stand to house all four devices. I know this question probably gets asked a lot but what is the exact mount of cables I will need to get everything up and running.

p.s. The company that I work for has bins full straight through and crossover cables that were free to take because they're all from devices we've replaced.

Comments