Icnd1 pass!

ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed ICND1 today with an 854! Not as high as I would've liked, but a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I used CBT Nuggets, Odom's book, and some labbing with equipment, gns3, and packet tracer. I took a handful of practice tests with transcender and Odom's book, but I felt like they were somewhat tougher than the test itself (especially transcender).

The more technical topics that I was afraid of ended up being easier than the stuff that actually threw me off. My confidence was more shaken by simplistic topics with really vague questions or answers.

I'm so stoked to have this out of the way, and I begin my ICND2 studies on Monday!

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! ICND2 will be a lot easier to prepare for now that you have finished CCENT.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Very nice! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    Job well done!
  • Rell24Rell24 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I too just passed icnd1 on Tuesday. What materials are you using to study for icnd2?
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads!!!

And thanks for posting all the material and experience with the materials.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats everyone! This community is fantastic.
    Rell24 wrote: »
    Congrats! I too just passed icnd1 on Tuesday. What materials are you using to study for icnd2?
    I'm going to follow the same strategy I used for the first one, I'm going to start with the CBT Nuggets to get familiar with the concepts and then dive deep with Odom's ICND2 book. Once done with those, I'll lab in gns3/packet tracer and continue to go over material I'm having trouble with.
  • ClausIRLClausIRL Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats :D great step towards your future career !
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congrats! I'm still reading and practicing for my ICND1 - hoping to get this out of the way within the next few month.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    ghoul wrote: »
    I passed ICND1 today with an 854! Not as high as I would've liked, but a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I used CBT Nuggets, Odom's book, and some labbing with equipment, gns3, and packet tracer. I took a handful of practice tests with transcender and Odom's book, but I felt like they were somewhat tougher than the test itself (especially transcender).

The more technical topics that I was afraid of ended up being easier than the stuff that actually threw me off. My confidence was more shaken by simplistic topics with really vague questions or answers.

I'm so stoked to have this out of the way, and I begin my ICND2 studies on Monday!

This is exactly how I felt after the exam. Congrats on the pass!
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on ICND2!
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! How much overlap would with Net+, any idea?
  • ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! How much overlap would with Net+, any idea?

It's been a year since I got my Net+ but I'd say that Net+ is just a general overview of some of the concepts, and appetizer if you will. A good starting point to introduce the theory, though!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog