Options

Can't find a job, need some help on next career move and resume review please.

miroa12004miroa12004 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

You might remember me as the person who started this thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/95988-new-immigrant-any-advice-would-helpful.html about me moving to the US and getting nothing new so far.

Now that I have my CCNA and nothing seems coming my way so far (I even don't any responses for the basic Help Desk jobs that require an Associate's Degree), I am really struggling to find my motivation right now and think about going back home as it seems all my experience back counts for nothing here in the States.

In the meantime, I also have a lot of time in my hand, but my biggest problem is asking everybody, answers seem to be different, some tell me that my resume looks good, while others tell me that taking a CCNP will definitely get me hired, some tell me to try taking Linux courses and some tell me to get my hands into Microsoft. I am undecided so I am asking my techexams resident members here which one is better for me, I want to continue in Networks as that was my major in university and I know a lot of stuff about it but I am not so sure that without a lot of working experiences, I'll get any job offers.

I also ask from our resident members here, if they can kindly review my resume which is attached here (it doesn't want to attach on the website) Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    -Remove references available upon request

-Many on here have their opinion in regards to having an "objective" on your resume. Personally I would do away with it

-Im not a fan of bullets but hopefully some members who actually interview candidates can chime in on this. I prefer a brief summary below each position you have held.

If you feel that you have truly done all that you can and have given 110%, then and only then would I consider moving back.

Is information technology your passion?

If you answered yes then there is no reason for you to give up. Push on and do all that you can to make things happen.

If you did move back could you say that you did everything within your power to get a IT job? Could you get more certs? Could you have worked on your people skills?

There is always room for improvement. icon_thumright.gif
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."