Options

How long till you guys get an offer letter?

I'm just more curious what the average time span is after the interview process is when you guys got your offer proposed to you?

I had my second interview on Thursday (2/13/2014), then two hours later I got an email asking what my salary requirements were. I responded and an email came back saying to expect a "call/offer letter" within the next few days. I know it has only been two business days but man.... I've had to stew on this all weekend! :)

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I usually get offer letters within a business day or maybe two of the final interview, but have also been extended a third interview towards the end of the process as well if the hiring manager is bobbling between two candidates. I really hate hearing the word 'interview' again after the second one.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Usually between 24 hours of the final interview. However, I had a propensity to interview well for places that always had some dire/urgent/ need. I usually was also asked to start within a week in those cases. So obviously it depends on the the needs of the company.

But sounds like you have good news :) Just stay ready icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Should I keep patiently waiting? I was interviewed by three people, the person who is suppose to give me the offer letter/call was not part of this process.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've had it take longer than a couple days. Especially at larger companies. Most was probably a couple weeks. At smaller companies I've had the offer there in 30 minutes. Really just depends on the speed their HR department moves.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Good to know Networker, thanks. This is a small company. Somewhere around 100 employees nationwide they said.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I have had interesting situations with some interview/offers in my experience. I could write a book on some of the bizarre moments. Anyway, with my latest job, I interviewed with them 4 times. Final interview was September 27, offer was made October 8th.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't forget yesterday a lot of people were off. So I wouldn't really count yesterday as a business day.
  • Options
    Send them an email to 'touch base', that is how I think I landed this job..my persistance. LOL
  • Options
    Ukimokia wrote: »
    Don't forget yesterday a lot of people were off. So I wouldn't really count yesterday as a business day.

You hit the nail on the head! I just got an email from them pretty much saying they were gone yesterday and if I heard anything from their HR team.

Edit: I did not contact them, they contacted me :)
  • Options
    That's good!!
  • Options
    Yep! Just got my offer letter with the details of the insurance plans. Will look this over tonight and decide from there! :)
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021