Options

any value in the associate levels?

craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
Hi i was wondering if there is it worth going for VMware Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)? has anyone taken it? has anyone mentioned to you about it if you had it?

Thanks
Currently Studying: CCNP Security
300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
300-208 - TBC
300-210 - TBC

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I read a few threads on this topic a few days ago, and it sounds like a pretty worthless exam unless you just want some extra acronyms to tack onto your name. This is a pretty good read on it: VMware’s new VCA: fab or flop?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you would be better to go after the VCP or VCP-Cloud certs instead of the VCA exams. I only took them because they were free!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest going for the VCP; but given the training requirement/costs involved, it's not always the most available option financially. The VCA would at least show some initiative in that direction to any possible employers.

I myself have the VCA:DCV, but I had a voucher for the exam. I would not have paid full price for it. I'm hoping to get into Stanley's course for the VCP but the waiting list is lengthy.
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    I figured i do the first one, to show my current employer i am doing something, i have signed up for stanley course!
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC