Options

How to block the access of Proxy servers from your network

aljuganaljugan Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear Sirs....i have one question about blocking the access of proxy server from your network. i have a small network and we are using wifi router RT-N16 and our users mostly use the proxy servers to access the sites like facebook or other stuff. and we dont want that in our office time they use them the options we have in our router are as under,

1.url filter
2.keyword filter
3.network service filter

the first option i used and put there some ip addresses of famous proxy servers like psiphone and some others but they find any other proxy server again go to the sites. the second two options keyword filter and network service filter i dont know how to use them can you tell me about this ....

Best regards

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You won't win the battle by blacklisting stuff. It quickly becomes a "Whack a Mole" game.

I'm a fan of administrative controls before technical ones. In this case the solution is clear: policy. Do you have an Acceptable Use Policy in place? If yes, enforce it. If not, establish a strong one, communicate it, fire the first abuser. The rest will get the message.