My CV & Prospects? Network Engineer

wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

My main goal is to become a Network Engineer but I'm sort of struggling with my experience and what I need to apply for. My CV is attached (the format is just text and not what I would give an employer obviously!).

I have worked helpdesk but its more for answering questions and problems about the site I developed, e.g. login issues/browser issues etc... I'm not sure that sort of helpdesk would cut it would it? Or are employers just looking for people who can troubleshoot?

I would love to apply for Junior Network Engineer, low salary ones but they require 2 years in a support role usually. Is my experience enough?

Should I look for IT/Network support first and not bother looking at Network Engineer stuff? I'm reviewing my CCNA studies and planning to start on CCNP soon.

I'm trying to make the best of my experience as most of my time has been web development but I have certainly Linux/Networking experience in the job too.

Thankyou, I'm not really looking for CV critiques just my options really. I'm 28 and want to get into Network Engineering as soon as possible. I'm working myself silly with my Masters and Certifications outside my job, really stuck what to do though and where to go?!

Comments

• TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would apply for them, worst case you get interview experience. If you go in and answer the technical questions well, you have as good a shot as anyone else.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I'm thinking preparing for the interview could be the most important thing I suppose. Trying to stand out. Suppose your CV only gets you the interview and if you can make sure you know what you are talking about and practice interview questions you have a chance.
  • mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    id remove the 2.1 from the resume, not needed to tell them what you got.