Options

Mastering Server 2012 r2?

Has anybody used this as a primary resource for 410, 411, and 412? I would like to get started on these exams, but MS keeps moving all he exam ref release dates back. It looks like the 410 is now March 10th. The 411 is June and the 412 is March 22nd. I also have CBT Nuggets and Infinite Skills. I am just not good at using Technet. Technet bores me to no end. I debated a long time on giving up on MS certs since the 70-642 defeated me and I work with Server 2008 everyday, but it is time to get back at it.
WGU grad

Comments

• Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    I did the upgrade exam from MCSA 2008 to MCSA 2012 and the MSPress exam reference did not cover it, if it wasn't for CBT Nuggets I would have failed that test. Right now I believe CBT Nuggets is the best options for training on Microsoft topics or just wait until march and do something else in the mean time like Cisco.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    locastrolocastro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used this book as a reading supplement for my 410 and 411, but not as the primary. Seems that it may suffice for a primary source, but I never use just one book for any exam I take. I usually like to get different perspectives and styles from multiple sources. From my experience with 410 and 411, it seems that covering the topics using the original study guides and technet is good enough. along with labbing is good enough.
  • Options
    pistolpete31pistolpete31 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bumping, might pick this book up? Any feedback?
  • Options
    flyerxlflyerxl Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just ordered it today, should get it Monday.
  • Options
    pistolpete31pistolpete31 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I ordered it and have been reading it-good so far. I really need to get a lab going
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So you bought the mastering windows server 2012 r2? which chapters did you study for the 70-410 exam? I just bought this book and it's a big one...
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    spongeymspongeym Member Posts: 35 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,
    Also very interested in this book. Would I be right in saying that it covers pretty much all the topics to get the MCSA cert? If so, has anyone actually done the 410 cert from reading and labbing on just this book alone?

Basically, I'm looking for a one resource firs all if such thing exists!