Options

Study Material for 640-554 IINSQ

ZazzlerZazzler Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I've been working on Microsoft certifications and I'm interested in the CCNA: Security certification (640-554 IINS) so I was wondering who has taken it, and what they used as a self-study? Sybex? CBT? Etc..

Thanks!
Currently Studying: MCSE: Private Cloud (70-246 in March; 70-247 in April)

Goals for 2014: MCSA: SQL 2012; Project+; CAPM; Linux+/LPIC-1

Thinking about: MS degree through WGU; CCNA: Security

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Zazzler

not sure if you are aware but to sit ccna:s, you need a valid ccent or ccna:r+s, couldnt see either in your cert list, as a recommendation i have always used the Ciscopress OCG's and always found them very good, CBT nuggets is also a great resource

Carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    ZazzlerZazzler Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    7255carl wrote: »
    Hi Zazzler

not sure if you are aware but to sit ccna:s, you need a valid ccent or ccna:r+s, couldnt see either in your cert list, as a recommendation i have always used the Ciscopress OCG's and always found them very good, CBT nuggets is also a great resource

Carl icon_cool.gif

Yeah I probably should have mentioned that I will first be taking CCENT first LOL whoops. But thanks for the help!
    Currently Studying: MCSE: Private Cloud (70-246 in March; 70-247 in April)

Goals for 2014: MCSA: SQL 2012; Project+; CAPM; Linux+/LPIC-1

Thinking about: MS degree through WGU; CCNA: Security
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Does anyone know if it is technically a requirement to sit the exam? I don't see anyone being denied the voucher, and they aren't going to ask at the center. The question of interest, if someone took that 554 exam and then took the CCENT exam, what would Cisco do?
  • Options
    helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think you'll be granted the CCNA:S certification until you've done the CCENT at least. It will kind of be in a pending stage...
    A+, Network+, MCP, MSDST, MCITP:SA, HDI-SCA, MCTS, ITILv3
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    If you do not have CCNA or CCENT you will be allowed to do exam but you will not have CCNA security certificate until you pass CCENT exam.