Options

Any drawbacks of ISACA student membership?

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I am curious, are there any drawbacks of going the ISACA student membership route rather than professional if you are a full time student (on top of already working as a professional)? I ask this because their student membership rate is significantly cheaper than the professional one, and this is appealing because the exam(s) themselves are pretty expensive, plus study materials.

I just want to make sure going the student route won't interfere with me taking any of their exams and getting full certified status.

Comments

• Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am curious, are there any drawbacks of going the ISACA student membership route rather than professional if you are a full time student (on top of already working as a professional)? I ask this because their student membership rate is significantly cheaper than the professional one, and this is appealing because the exam(s) themselves are pretty expensive, plus study materials.

I just want to make sure going the student route won't interfere with me taking any of their exams and getting full certified status.
    Back when I was getting my bachelors degree, I went the student route for my certs. It was fine.

I think you can be certified with student membership and take the exams, and have the student membership count as full membership.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GB,

Thanks a lot, that is what I was wondering. I went ahead and registered as a Student Membership and only paid $25.00 which is much cheaper than the professional level membership and I will still have access to the same discounts for study materials and exam prices.