Options

Lab setup

madmanmadman Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for 291 using MS Training kit and following instructions for setting up the lab. I have Server 1 set as 192.168.0.1/24 and Server2 as optain ipadd automatically and alt 192.168.0.2/24. Both servers and connected via 5 port switch. I am using my work LAN for internet access also connected to the switch. Server 2 suppose to ICS through ser 1. I am not sure how to set it up since its not a dialup. I have no way of setting ser 1 to 'let other computers connect to the internet' optionfrom the adv. Also, ser1 and ser 2 are on diff network since ser 2 is set for DHCP and getting ipadd from the company LAN. Any suggestions?
Failure to plan
Planning to fail

Comments

• Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    I am currently doing the same as yourself, using the MS Press book for 70-291. The only thing i was going to suggest would be to scrap the obtain an IP address automatically (since its contacting a DHCP server on your company lAN) and just use a static address. You are still able to complete a lot of the labs without the internet access. My feeling is that u cant use ICS as ur computer dosent hold the network adapter that connects to the internet!! Could be wrong tho