Options

Article on Tech recruiters

BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
Just thought this was an interesting read on recruiters and thought I'd share.

Imagine Getting 30 Job Offers a month

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting read that sounds all too familar
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Haha sounds like people I'm dealing with these days. Someone actually wrote Microsoft as Micro Soft and this person is supposed to decide on my fit for the position and possibly hold my future in their hands. Unfortunately that's the harsh reality we nobody tech people have to deal with. Until we make it big and choose where we want to work. :D
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if it is the same for people working outside of government contracting but working as a government contractor I get ridiculous calls all the time that fit this description. Half of the time it is hard to even understand what the people are saying as well..
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love it when they send jobs that are either in other states (3-6 month contractor positions) or have qualifications that you don't have listed anywhere. I've gotten several for programming and db admin positions from Texas to Maine though I live in NJ. I've also had a few that were grossly underpaid.
  • Options
    Tremie24Tremie24 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pretty much spot on. I like the comment by the recruiter, if you don't know what you're talking about the tech people will eat you alive. So true. I've battled a few recruiters.