Options

Entry/junior level field technician - SF Bay Area

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm currently looking to hire a field technician to perform basic IT tasks at our client sites. This job would be great for someone looking to get started in IT - you can't get better experience than with a MSP. Job ad: Field Support Technician

PM if interested. Please include a resume.

Comments

• Options
    hellolinhellolin Member Posts: 107
    I do not care what year the SF giants won the WS, I only remember what year my dodgers won the WS, and I can give it to you in bunch of 0 and 1's, is that ok with you icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    pay seems kinda low for a job in San Francisco
  • Options
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    pay seems kinda low for a job in San Francisco
    I understand that they are a start up, but with that kind of pay in the highest cost of living area in the country. I don't know which one is gonna be harder, the job itself or the living aspect of it.
  • Options
    rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would take that job if i had to pay to get it! if only i lived in the US tho icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    I see in the job ad "reliable transportation is a must" does that translate to 'must have a car'? I don't know how anyone could afford a car in San Fran on 40k unless they lived in their car. Other than that, it could be interesting.
  • Options
    fatalforcefatalforce Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Am I the only one who thinks the compensation is perfectly reasonable, if not better than expected for an entry level position? That is a lot better compared to other fields in the Bay Area such as biotech, where much of the entry level workers are lucky if they manage to get ~$32k a year in the event they even find someone willing to hire them.
  • Options
    fatalforce wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the compensation is perfectly reasonable, if not better than expected for an entry level position? That is a lot better compared to other fields in the Bay Area such as biotech, where much of the entry level workers are lucky if they manage to get ~$32k a year in the event they even find someone willing to hire them.

That's the problem, SF area is the highest COL area in the country, more so than NY, I'd take a $40k a year job on salary with benefits with a heart bit even here in LA, but for SF it's quite a reach for most people
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    It would only make sense for someone in a room mate situation, living with parents, or especially living outside of SF and could afford to commute in on bart or something.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    A lot of entry level positions I've been looking at stated at closer to $45,000 - $50,000, and that's not in SF. You'd be worrying where your next meal was coming from on $40,000 in SF if you had to maintain a car for your job.

If you had roommates and didn't need a car you could make it work. Could the company get a car, and just expect a valid driver's license?
  • Options
    I am making 48k-50k and Im in sacramento working help desk
  • Options
    I think the pay is reasonable for an entry level job. San Francisco is expensive but there are plenty of more affordable places to live outside of SF.
  • Options
    rsutton wrote: »
    I think the pay is reasonable for an entry level job. San Francisco is expensive but there are plenty of more affordable places to live outside of SF.
    id apply, but i currently make 50k in sac and moving there I wouldn't be able to save a dime, and I am working Help Desk
  • Options
    I wish this job is in LA area, i'd apply in a heart beat, and it's reasonable pay for an entry level gig here
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    100 mile commute for me is a bit much, great opportunity though. If I had not just moved into another role from the help desk side, I would of considered it. Do you have anything else in the pipeline? Network admin or systems admin is more of where my next role will be. Right now the role I am in is more like Junior Systems/Network Admin.
  • Options
    santaowns wrote: »
    Network admin or systems admin is more of where my next role will be. Right now the role I am in is more like Junior Systems/Network Admin.

We tend to hire a new technician every 6 weeks. After I fill this role I will be hiring a mid level technician and after that it will likely be a senior sys admin (Windows).