Quick question about the A+

pilotaaron1pilotaaron1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all. I'm taking my A+ 801 next week and I've just wanted some feedback to gauge how I am doing (call it pre-testing jitters). I went with Professor Messor for my video study and he was great. As compared to LabSim which puts me to sleep. I have been taking practice tests using MeasureUp and have been in the high 80's-low 90's. I know Professor Messor is the best (and free too)! My main concern is how good is the quality of MeasureUp? I have been using them because it is who my college has provided as a resource.

Comments

• geokelleygeokelley Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed both exams last week and used primarily Professor Messor along with the Meyers All in One book. I think you will be fine if you are scoring in the high 80's. I was too and got a 785 on the 801 and 760 on the 802. I thought the 802 was much harder, but that's just me. Good luck!
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    And I thought the 801 was more difficult! To each their own.

If you have watched and understood every Messer video regarding the A+ you will be fine. I would fill in with some text on the subject just to hit it again, but that's me.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @pilotaaron1,

Focus on what is covered on the objectives. If you know and understand those topics, you are likely going to do just fine.
    The A+ exams are geared toward candidates WITH about six months of experience using the technologies covered. If you have this, have read and understand the objectives and used a good reference tool such as Meyers' or Sybex text there is little reason for worry.

Give yourself a good rest the night before and go take the exams with confidence.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • OTBOOTBO Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer was good, but I wouldn't rely on that alone to pass the exams, there are a lot of topics on the test that he doesn't even touch on. I used the Messer videos along with Exam Cram, that worked well for me.