Length of time between tests

bhoglanbhoglan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,
I'm going to test for my 200-101 and complete my CCNA within a week or two. Luck seems to be on my side because I won a Facebook contest put on by Cisco Press a week ago. I won my choice of $500 worth of materials from them. I chose two CCNP study libraries which will push up my timetable of completing my CCNP by a couple years. Here's the rub:
I work full time in a non-tech management job and am desperately trying to move into a job in some sort of tech role.
I'm a full-time student getting my bachelors in IT at WGU. (I'm pretty pleased with my experience there so far)
I don't want to completely suspend my schooling at this point to focus only on completing my CCNP. I think I'm going to complete my required classes in school each term as quickly as possible and then devote the rest of my time for the term to studying or my CCNP with a goal of studying for, and completing 1 test per term.
My plan would put about 6 months in between each CCNP test if I complete them at my anticipated rate.

Here's my question: I've looked all over Cisco's website, I've searched through the forums here, and I've done some searching on Google. How much time can I have between completing each of the 3 CCNP tests and still receive the CCNP certification?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Comments

• MoabMoab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3 years, So if you take the ICDN1 it will expire in 3 years unless you retake the ICDN1 or take the ICDN2 giving you a CCNA that expires in 3 years. If you take the next test like say Switch or Routing within the 3 years it will renew your CCNA as well as give you the cert for Switch or routing.
  • bhoglanbhoglan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, thanks for the response. I didn't realize that just taking a test would renew lower certs. I thought you had to pass the entire cert to renew any lower certs. Good info. Thanks!