Options

For those you have passed, JN0-102 JNCIA question

sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
For those you have passed, JN0-102 JNCIA question is,

Are the two free PDFs from Juniper website all you need to pass JNCIA?

Do I have to read them very much into detail?

Also, does it not matter the PDFs weren't updated with 102 from 101?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you have the CCNA the two PDFs should be all you need (along with a little practice on the CLI).

I'd never suggest someone to not read their study material in very much detail....

Not sure how much changed between 101 and 102, but I know people are still using those PDFs and passing. Maybe check the objectives off the PDFs and fill in any gaps.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certainly read the PDFs.
    Maybe brush up on RIP/OSPF/Subnetting from your CCNA studies.
    They'll be enough if your reasonably comfortable with routing protocol theory and switching.
    The PDFs won't go into detail on how the protocols work, mostly how to configure them.
    So, just keep that in mind.
  • Options
    chroniclesofITchroniclesofIT Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First off to put it out there, I'm a newbie with very basic networking knowledge. Suddenly got news from my company, I have to write this exam in a week. Downloaded Micheal Shannon's cbt nuggets. Will this be enough to pass this exam?
    @SENDALOT: have you completed this exam? How did you preparare for this?

help help help! icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Everything you need to pass is freely available on the Fast Track.

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
  • Options
    Update: Took the exam last Thursday. As advised, I went through both the PDFs and watched the network fundamental video available on Juniper and passed with 95%!! I also downloaded this app called Junos Genius which is just brilliant with questions and answers all explained: A perfect method to revise... :D:)
  • Options
    marcdeerymarcdeery Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need to recertify prior to August 2014 and have started preparing for the exam again. It has changed since I passed a few years back when it was JN0-101, is there much difference? Is the passing score much higher? It was 66% back then.
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, how many years Juniper certifications are valid?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi @sacredboy,

Although incorrectly stated here (it has not yet been corrected): Juniper Networks Certified - each Juniper certification is valid for: 3 years from: 09.10.2015. Check this info here: Juniper Extends Active Period of Certifications- Data Center - Juniper Networks.

Cheers,
    MK
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys I am about to register for JNCIA-Junos exam but on Pearson VUE website I have two options: JN0-102: Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos) and zJN0-102: Junos, Associate (JNCIA-Junos) - For In Class Testing Only.

Which one should I choose?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    LuieLuie Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sacredboy - You want the plain JN0-102 test option. The other is only for some specific classes, and the course provider would have registered you or informed you that you needed that test.

Good luck!