CCNP

blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys..........

Im thinkin of starting to study for the CCNP...but I was wondering, should I try to get maybe a year or so of experience before I go for the CCNP? Also, how long does it usually take to get the CCNP

Comments

• Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    blork_98 wrote:
    Hello guys..........

Im thinkin of starting to study for the CCNP...but I was wondering, should I try to get maybe a year or so of experience before I go for the CCNP? Also, how long does it usually take to get the CCNP

this really depends on you and how fast you can soak up these advanced concepts. With little experience I would think ....a month or two per exam.....if your really serious and getting a lot of equipment time. But, then again...this all depends on you. Also, I would think that if you did get a year of experience under your belt, the exams would be a little easier. But, even with that year, you are going to have to study hard.

Good luck....and let us know what you decide.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have my CCNA and studying for CCNP right now. I just have a little work experience on Cisco equipements. It's a little harder to understand the advanced concepts but it can be done with extra study. I'm planning 2 months per exam.
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    oh.. me too.. although i probably have way less exp then you... i was planning on 1 month or so per exam, though i doubt that since my job keeps me busy. How long did u take for the CCNA.... r u planning to spend the same amount of time per CCNP exam as the CCNA?
  • matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did my CCNA in about 2 months and planned about the same for each CCNP exam. The only thing that keeps me from doing them faster is my job.