Options

RHCSA - GUI or shell

johnjackson22259johnjackson22259 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I'm preparing for RHCSA exam right now and wanted to know if i should focus on shell commands or GUI.
Those that took this exam how much of the exam did you have to use shell vs gui or other way around.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    devops035devops035 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

When preparing for RHCSA exam, the only case for using the gui was LDAP client configuration with the authconfig-tui command. It's otherwise very complicated to update all the necessary files in this case.
    I passed the exam and I then learned that the authconfig-tui command was deprecated in favor of the authconfig command (that doesn't display any gui): you have to use --flag like --enableldap and add the --update flag at the end.

Conclusion: learn the shell commands and don't use any gui if you want to go fast.

In addition, use google and you will find a very good resource for preparing your exam.
  • Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends.
    It's good to know both ways to do some kind of things. I prefer gui for LDAP, printer stuff and other annoying tasks. But most of my tasks are done via ssh and cli. But if you know shell and GUI you're safe :)
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Try to master both.