Options

One more passed thread. (with review)

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Passed Sec+ today, Just a little background, i'm a Sec+ Lifetime, but the job requires the CE, so in case you didn't know, lifetimes cannot be converted to CE, you have to retest. So I pretty much didn't study for this exam, I looked over the sylabus and determined it was not significantly different than my last test. Scheduled my exam for the next day once my company confirmed they would reimburse the price of the exam (I think these was an increase, IDR paying that much for the other comptia exams...)

This morning I reviewed the notes found here, uploaded by a forum member: https://app.box.com/s/lm759l577v8nvyf2nbvw

I'll say this, I was not expecting the simulations. I feel they were a positive addition, except the problem is loading times, they were excessive, especially considering the number of sims, and in my case, at the beginning of the exam, made me worry if the exam was going to crash.

As for the questions, i'll admit some threw me, but for the most part everything seemed in line with the objectives, and overall a decent test.

Next i'm considering a CCNA Security bootcamp, I need to knock this off my list so I can focus on testing out of some college courses, and hopefully some company provided training.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats. Yeah, I had 7 simulations on my test. Fun!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Thanks for the review - how many sims were on yours?

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had four sims on my Exam
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    IDR the exact number, but i'm going to say it seemed like the first 10 all seemed like sims, but it may have been anywhere from 4-8 in total.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63