Question and I know you guys can give me some info

neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
I just checked my e-mail and got a hit about a NOC Technician position. It's entry level. They want to know your current employment status, salary expectations, and availability for a quick phone call. I guess my key question is about the salary expectations. I mean they are interested which is great. I am just wondering what to give them as far as that.

Here is what they are looking for:

"I
s currently seeking a NOC Technician for our support team to help us deliver quality solutions and services to our clients. If you crave a challenging and fast paced environment and enjoy working with a variety of technologies, this is the place for you!
This is an entry level position and requires only 1-2 years of experience.

Responsibilities:
  • Learn, retain and apply knowledge of multiple, disparate networks to troubleshoot and resolve a variety of issues.
  • Monitor client networks and provide proactive maintenance.
  • Work with Service Desk to implement proactive maintenance
  • Maintain an excellent customer service attitude – will do what it takes to get the job done correctly and efficiently.
  • Take ownership of assigned clients and tasks
  • Available for afterhours project work
  • Actively pursue continuing education through classes and/or certifications
JOB REQUIREMENTS

Must have experience with any three of the following:
  • PC Hardware and Software Experience
  • Networking
  • WIndows Server 2008-12
We prefer that you have:
  • 1-2 years of PC experience
  • Kaseya or Connectwise experience
  • Managed services experience
  • Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco or VMware certifications "
I am going to call back in a bit that way we can talk and see what they say. I can pick up the other things if need be. I am in Houston, TX. That might help out plus have a BAAS Degree. Let me know thanks everyone.
BAAS - Web and Media Design
Working on A+

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I'd respond letting them know you are available for a phone chat and would prefer to have more information about the position before sending your salary requirements.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I agree with RouteMyPacket. Without knowing the company, complete benefits, team you're working for, and true expectations of work they cannot expect you to give them a solid salary requirement.
  • puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Tell them that you want 1,000,000 per year, but that you are willing to negotiate.

But seriously, best answer is already given above. However, if they are hard pressed on an answer up front, give them a salary range that you believe you are worth and are comfortable taking. Use Google and see what others are making with similar job functions in your area, and that should give you an average of what you should give to them. Keep in mind, that the information should only used as such, and that only YOU can determine what YOU are worth.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just give them a ball park range of what you want to make depending on benefits.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Heh, the company is http://www.notonsite.com/ and their site features a guy fingering a cloud. Seriously.
  • jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm, I dont know why no one wants to give a number here, I think he is mostly looking for a ballpark figure.

For this lower level job in Tx, I would say ask for $20/hr. That may be a little on the high end for a job willing to hire minimal experience and no certifications, but it is fair... and you want to ASK for higher end of the realistic range anyway.

Just my opinion as a fellow Texan and IT guy.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Man I wish i could land something like that! you may be able to shoot for 22 and if they say thats too high they will tell you

Just today I had someone call me and i told them a number and changed my mind from 52k to 54k
  • neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Thanks everyone, I responded with the information they wanted. I will just have to wait and see what happens. If things go right, this forum has certainly helped get me there. Everyone has been pretty blunt in here and I know at times that is what I really needed to hear. Let's hope for the best.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+