Interview to get an interview?

XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
Just when I thought I have heard everything this comes along. icon_lol.gif

Have any of you had experience with having to have a "meet up" / interview to see if employer wishes to grant you an interview? I have my own theories about what this is used for, but I would like to hear the experiences & opinions of others.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I don't know if this is the same but I had an interview with HR in order to interview with IT then went in there in person.

Was no big thing. About a fiftenn minute phone call just figured it was to make sure I was interested in the position and looked up about it and wasn't blindly applying
  • HiTekHiTek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could be a staffing agency wanting to interview you first, before they present you to the client.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    I did this with a staffing agency, he just wanted to see what my background was like first. I am on his watch list for any potential jobs that match my criteria
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    No, this is neither a staffing agency nor a recruiter. It is directly through the employer itself. As I stated I have my theories of what this "meet up" is for but am still looking for other viewpoints.
  • edzyyyedzyyy Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xyro wrote: »
    No, this is neither a staffing agency nor a recruiter. It is directly through the employer itself. As I stated I have my theories of what this "meet up" is for but am still looking for other viewpoints.

They want to see what you look like

How you talk, walk, etc etc

Just another way of weeding out candidates
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    edzyyy wrote: »
    They want to see what you look like

How you talk, walk, etc etc

Just another way of weeding out candidates

Exactly