Options

guided steps in CCNA sims?

mason1973mason1973 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
In cisco CCNA exam, does the simulated questions lead you along step-by-step or do they simply state what needs to be done and leave you to it.

Some of the practice exams out there give the step-by-step version which I'm not too fond of. Either way let me know so I can be prepared for it. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Pretty much every single step of the way. Don't worry, the sims are really the easiest part of the exam... especially when you have hands-on experience.
  • Options
    ss1020ss1020 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed with a 897 the other day, and the sims are actually pretty easy. Not to disclose anything, but when you are in the sims, make sure that you verify everything. Subnet masks, RIP network entries and interfaces not being "shutdown". It is not an easy test by any means, so make sure to be real sharp on the OSI Model, Access Lists and switching methods, among all the other objectives. Having access to a couple of 2501's with CSU/DSU's doesn't hurt either. I made a T1 crossover cable, so the lab I had set up was actually live. Must be the world's shortest T1.