IS it enough or should I go for More!!!!

omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
I've recently got Network+ , Security+ & CCNA(R&S). Currently working on MCSE 2012 server certification (5 tests)..........Only experience i have is working with cisco routers & switches in my home lab & some vitualization experiences......Dell has a campus here in oklahoma city & I want to get in there in preferebly in a enterprice tech job.......now, what do u guys suggest me to do after MCSE? or any other advices?

any suggestions will be highly appreciated....

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try to get a job now. I know it sounds weird, but in my opinion if you have the N+, S+ CCNA AND the full 2012 MSCE with zero work experience it is going to look odd. I'm sure there are plenty of hiring people who would look at that and figure you'd only work there a few months and then try to get out. Sort of like when people with a masters degree try to get a min wage job and they can't get hired, because they know as soon as something more fitting comes along they'll take it immediately.

Even if it isn't the Dell dream job you want, if you get some experience then get the MSCA/E after that it should look a lot more reasonable to try to move up to a better job.
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    awesome suggestion.......right now they got a hiring freeze at dell....but sure will try after the mcsa is done....only 3 test away.....wish me luck...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need work exprerience now, before you load up on mid-level certifications that do not reflect your real world experience. Your first job will not be an enterprise tech at Dell, probably, but there is no reason why you can't get there before too long.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed with everyone else, real world on the job experience should be your goal at this point and not just certifications.
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Convince the Employer to hire you then get a cert in what you will be doing. Be carefull with getting too many paper certs, It extremely hard to remember all that stuff.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    @goldenlight, that's exactly my fear.......unlike a lot of other cert achieving ppl, I never used any kinda **** sights...read the whole books & practiced like a son of a gun.....that's why it took me longer to take my tests than average ppl....and i also did hands on practice with lab & etc on my own......since i don't have a bachelor degree, i thought getting a few mid level certs might make my resume look better & more noticable to the employer........

now guys, one question to everyone here......will i get the almost the same position in a company with my certs with no bachelors degree compare to someone has a bachelor degree in computer field but no certs?????

Replies r greatly appreciated