Options

CCENT exam question

White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
1. Is supernetting in the CCENT?

I ask because there is a question that involves supernetting on the Boson CCENT software yet most threads I found on here suggest that supernetting is in the CCNA exam and not CCENT. On a side note, I don't recall supernetting in the Wendell Odom ICND 1 book.

2. Are you allowed a calculator when you take the exam?

Not a subnet calcualtor, just your basic calculator. I got subnetting down but without a basic calculator it may take a bit longer to solve.

Thanks!
"The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Any question involving subnetting is on the table, so I would say yes. When I took the CCENT, no calculator was allowed.

You may find subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online helpful in your studies. Good luck on your exam!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Any question involving subnetting is on the table, so I would say yes. When I took the CCENT, no calculator was allowed.

You may find subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online helpful in your studies. Good luck on your exam!

I have subnetting down, its supernetting that I don't know whether or not it will be on the exam.

Thanks though!
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what it sounds like, I believe the appropriate terminology is VLSM subnetting. I assume you had to subnet let's say a Class C 192.168.1.0/24 address and had to break them down into a couple /30 for the links between the routers, a /25 and a /26 for a couple of user networks. As for being in the material, it is. I'd practice it and make sure you got it down.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    calculator, phone or papers ain't alowed...for subnetting try the following method...it helped me...

on the laminated sheet they provided me, I wrote down the followings

128 192 224 240 248 252 254 255

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

the top line is gonna be the subnet mask depending on what's the "/" is......it should also help u with the octate issue & increment.....
  • Options
    omi2123 wrote: »
    calculator, phone or papers ain't alowed...for subnetting try the following method...it helped me...

on the laminated sheet they provided me, I wrote down the followings

128 192 224 240 248 252 254 255

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1

the top line is gonna be the subnet mask depending on what's the "/" is......it should also help u with the octate issue & increment.....

Perfect.

I've memorized the 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 but need to memorize the top set of #'s.

Thanks!
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    if u do some practice subnet problem then u will automatically memorize it....actually the top line numbers r just adding the number before it is the next number..that's all u should remember if u r decent at adding numbers......good luck bud..
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Suppernetting was a concept that came out of classful routing. Classful routing is largely a legacy topic, and Supernetting is just part of VLSM.

In classful routing, 192.168.2.0 255.255.254.0 is a supernet, in VLSM, it is just a /23 network.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog