Options

Vlan in statck

dellpedellpe Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im trying to get all my vlans to pass thru to my huawei S3700-28TP-EI-AC user level switches, from my 3750 stack.
Each one of my s3700 stack is connected to my 3750 via port channel. Here is my port setup.
I have Vlans 1,210,214,216,220,306,406 on my 3750 stack. I cannot see those vlans on my s3700 stack. Why is that? What am I missing from the config?
Thanks...

3750 ports:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/41
description Uplink to ETHSW03
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,210,214,216,220,306,406
switchport mode trunk
snmp trap mac-notification change added
snmp trap mac-notification change removed
spanning-tree guard loop
channel-protocol lacp
channel-group 7 mode active

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/42
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree guard loop
channel-protocol lacp
channel-group 7 mode active

interface Port-channel7
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree guard loop

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I have never messed with a that vendor switch before (huawei) but does your 3750 see the trunk?

"sh int trunk"
    what do you see ?

also..once again never messed with huawei but if its anything like a normal L2 edge switch you most likely have to define the vlans on the switch before they will work for example on any cisco switch serving as a L2 device the command from global...

vlan 210
    name fart_box
    vlan 214
    name Smug_mouse
    vlan 216
    name who_farted

this has to be done before I can use them...even if I have them allowed on a trunk to my L3 device or another L2 device I am daisy chained off of ( which is a rubbish idea )

hope that helps...
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2 things:
    -If your native vlan is 1, you don't need to put it in the switchport trunk allowed vlan command. It is untagged unlike your user vlans.
    -As vahokie said, to enable the vlans, you need to input the vlan # command to enable it. Lol and you can give it those names as well.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    and make sure your VLANS are in STP correctly (Show spanning-tree VLAN "insert name / number here"). I had this issue recently for certain testing equipment (Forgot to check STP until it clicked in my head what i was missing). Basically I was letting my cisco switch do all my VLAN tagging and then two 10 GIG SFPs connect to the core switch via a trunk. Once I did the add VLAN "number here" for STP everything worked.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You do not need STP for a VLAN to work. Nothing showed up in the output of that command until you added it to an interface because that is when the STP instance is created.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Stupid question, are you relying on GVRP or something to dynamically create the VLANs in your Huawei switches or did you statically configure the VLANs on your user switches?
  • Options
    ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't you have to set "switchport mode trunk" on the actual interface instead of the ether-channel?