Starting a job a more techincal job

rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
I will be starting a new job on April which is more techincal than what I have done in past. Career wise it's a fantastic opportunity however I am a little nervous.

I just want to get started, learn as much as possible and do great. Is it normal to be a bit nervous?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your new opportunity!! icon_thumright.gif

Yeah it's expected but come in confident and ready to learn and you'll do great.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Starting a new job is always scary and can be intimidating if you let it. Bring a notepad and a pen (as well as anything else that you might need) and WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!!! Literally, EVERYTHING! It may seem overkill, but you will always be able to go back and look at everything you have instead of asking repeated questions. This shows that you are prepared and eager to learn. Also, be calm. You will do great, and they believe in you so much, that they hired you! Congrats and best of luck!
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes you should be.. but it seems you have a few weeks before you start. If you know what your day to day roles is, and what they expect out of your skills & technical ability , then you have a few weeks to study/practice and refresh your fundamentals so that you come in on top of your game. :)