Don't reschedule!

KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
That's not a motivational statement. icon_redface.gif

I accidentally scheduled an exam on the opposite side of the state (Prometric gives you all testing centers in the state, not those closest to a particular ZIP code like, well, any other modern website). This is two weeks out, did not think it would be a big deal. Realized it a minute or two after the fact. Went to correct the error and, lo and behold, there is a $35 fee to reschedule. Had no idea about it until it was too late to avoid incurring the fee. Not optimistic that I can do anything about it at this point, but don't make the mistake I did!

Don't get sick, don't have any emergencies! Let nothing get in the way of that certification exam icon_lol.gif

Anyone else discover this the hard way?

At least I had the voucher, so now I'm only paying full price for the exam :p

Comments

  • SweenMachineSweenMachine MCSA: Office 365, MCSA: Windows 7 (I am old), ITIL Foundations V3 Chicago areaMember Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Koroviev wrote: »
    That's not a motivational statement. icon_redface.gif

    I accidentally scheduled an exam on the opposite side of the state (Prometric gives you all testing centers in the state, not those closest to a particular ZIP code like, well, any other modern website). This is two weeks out, did not think it would be a big deal. Realized it a minute or two after the fact. Went to correct the error and, lo and behold, there is a $35 fee to reschedule. Had no idea about it until it was too late to avoid incurring the fee. Not optimistic that I can do anything about it at this point, but don't make the mistake I did!

    Don't get sick, don't have any emergencies! Let nothing get in the way of that certification exam icon_lol.gif

    Anyone else discover this the hard way?

    At least I had the voucher, so now I'm only paying full price for the exam :p

    I have had to reschedule a couple times previously, and yes, they charge a fee.

    It is just how it is... I mean, from a business perspective, those seats are money. If you are bailing continually, rescheduling late and those seats stay open, then they lose potential revenue.

    I agree their policy is a little crazy, but yeah, I know lots of us have dealt with those fees. The cost of doing business with testing sites I suppose.

    My biggest beef is that you cannot reschedule after 6pm a day BEFORE your exam, so like, if your test is on Friday, you have to reschedule before 6pm on WEDS or lose ALL your money. That policy sucks for legit emergencies.

    -scott
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have had to reschedule a couple times previously, and yes, they charge a fee.

    It is just how it is... I mean, from a business perspective, those seats are money. If you are bailing continually, rescheduling late and those seats stay open, then they lose potential revenue.

    I agree their policy is a little crazy, but yeah, I know lots of us have dealt with those fees. The cost of doing business with testing sites I suppose.

    My biggest beef is that you cannot reschedule after 6pm a day BEFORE your exam, so like, if your test is on Friday, you have to reschedule before 6pm on WEDS or lose ALL your money. That policy sucks for legit emergencies.

    -scott

    Oh no, I definitely understand the reasoning. Doctor's office does it...but then they warn you about it in all caps when you sign up for the appointment, and it's only if you wait until the last minute. This blind-sided me a bit because I do not see how wanting to reschedule within two minutes of scheduling something weeks from now would inconvenience someone such that a fee is needed to deter the action. It's not like I was going to drive 8 hours to sit for the exam icon_lol.gif
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine MCSA: Office 365, MCSA: Windows 7 (I am old), ITIL Foundations V3 Chicago areaMember Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Koroviev wrote: »
    Oh no, I definitely understand the reasoning. Doctor's office does it...but then they warn you about it in all caps when you sign up for the appointment, and it's only if you wait until the last minute. This blind-sided me a bit because I do not see how wanting to reschedule within two minutes of scheduling something weeks from now would inconvenience someone such that a fee is needed to deter the action. It's not like I was going to drive 8 hours to sit for the exam icon_lol.gif

    I keep forgetting since I am one of the lucky ones with a Prometric site 10 mins from my house, that most of the world has to plan their life around these tests... haha
  • mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Koroviev wrote: »
    That's not a motivational statement. icon_redface.gif

    there is a $35 fee to reschedule. :p


    This is why I decided to take and bomb my 410 exam on Friday even though I did not finish studying for it as I wanted to avoid the fee and it was easier to fail it and rescheduled it to today with the free retake...plus, it gave me a basic idea of what the question topics were and where I needed to study more.

    SweetMachine: I have 12 testing centers less than 10 minutes from me. Pays to live in a city area with close to five million population.
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine MCSA: Office 365, MCSA: Windows 7 (I am old), ITIL Foundations V3 Chicago areaMember Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mokaiba wrote: »
    This is why I decided to take and bomb my 410 exam on Friday even though I did not finish studying for it as I wanted to avoid the fee and it was easier to fail it and rescheduled it to today with the free retake...plus, it gave me a basic idea of what the question topics were and where I needed to study more.

    SweetMachine: I have 12 testing centers less than 10 minutes from me. Pays to live in a city area with close to five million population.

    Yeah; I live in Chicago, same deal.. haha

    -scott
  • MrJimbo19MrJimbo19 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats strange, I get the idea behind having to charge a fee for a reschedule but I have pushed back a test twice now and have not been shown any type of fee in regards to that reschedule yet. I was originally scheduled to take the test at the beginning of April, pushed it back to end of april. On Friday I pushed it back again to the beginning of May. Is it maybe because of the shorter notice?
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrJimbo19 wrote: »
    Thats strange, I get the idea behind having to charge a fee for a reschedule but I have pushed back a test twice now and have not been shown any type of fee in regards to that reschedule yet. I was originally scheduled to take the test at the beginning of April, pushed it back to end of april. On Friday I pushed it back again to the beginning of May. Is it maybe because of the shorter notice?

    It's 15 days. Anything less incurs a fee for Microsoft exams. I know that now, but I had no idea about this until I looked for it in the FAQ. $35 is not cheap. This should not be something that I have to look up to know about.

    I scheduled for the 29th and a few minutes later, I realized that I needed to select a different center. This was yesterday. I rescheduled for the 28th. I don't think that is unduly short notice.

    Anyway, I did call them. I was a tad...livid. I submitted a refund request form but have no idea if that will yield any result.
  • MrJimbo19MrJimbo19 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Koroviev wrote: »
    It's 15 days. Anything less incurs a fee for Microsoft exams. I know that now, but I had no idea about this until I looked for it in the FAQ. $35 is not cheap. This should not be something that I have to look up to know about.

    I scheduled for the 29th and a few minutes later, I realized that I needed to select a different center. This was yesterday. I rescheduled for the 28th. I don't think that is unduly short notice.

    Anyway, I did call them. I was a tad...livid. I submitted a refund request form but have no idea if that will yield any result.

    Ah thanks for telling me that, it makes more sense now and if I have to push it back again I will make sure and do that. Hope the refund works out for you.
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrJimbo19 wrote: »
    Ah thanks for telling me that, it makes more sense now and if I have to push it back again I will make sure and do that. Hope the refund works out for you.

    It's not a great policy, but I would be understanding now. It's the surprise of it. Be upfront about fees. If I know that I will incur a fee for every reschedule within 15 days, then I will be very careful when I schedule anything. And honestly, I would select a different provider if I could.
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mokaiba wrote: »
    This is why I decided to take and bomb my 410 exam on Friday even though I did not finish studying for it as I wanted to avoid the fee and it was easier to fail it and rescheduled it to today with the free retake...plus, it gave me a basic idea of what the question topics were and where I needed to study more.

    SweetMachine: I have 12 testing centers less than 10 minutes from me. Pays to live in a city area with close to five million population.

    I would have done this, except the issue was the testing center...8-10 hours away, opposite side of CA. I would have had to wait nearly two weeks to be a 'no show', then reschedule.
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Reply received. The guy quoted the fee policy. I don't get these people. Why hire human beings to answer (angry) phone calls and reply to email when there is absolutely no flexibility and only robotic answers are to be given? That's not cost-effective! icon_lol.gif

    Also, another guy explained that this is Microsoft's problem. Curious because the payee wasn't Microsoft... icon_surprised.gif
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Prometric runs a terrible business.

    One of my exams was having issues with their application server when I was trying to cancel. I canceled over the phone using the automated system. I was never given a refund and my candidate history shows as a 'No Show' for that exam. I've contacted them through all channels multiple times and they are no help.

    That reminds me, I have to report them to the BBB and contest the charges on my CC.
  • MrJimbo19MrJimbo19 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Koroviev wrote: »
    Reply received. The guy quoted the fee policy. I don't get these people. Why hire human beings to answer (angry) phone calls and reply to email when there is absolutely no flexibility and only robotic answers are to be given? That's not cost-effective! icon_lol.gif

    Also, another guy explained that this is Microsoft's problem. Curious because the payee wasn't Microsoft... icon_surprised.gif

    I think we would amusingly call that passing the buck. I always get frustrated with that response, if there is no flexibility in the policy just say that up front and maintain it. Don't get someone's mind running with the possibility of an exception when there is none to give.
  • KorovievKoroviev Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Prometric runs a terrible business.

    One of my exams was having issues with their application server when I was trying to cancel. I canceled over the phone using the automated system. I was never given a refund and my candidate history shows as a 'No Show' for that exam. I've contacted them through all channels multiple times and they are no help.

    That reminds me, I have to report them to the BBB and contest the charges on my CC.

    Contact Microsoft? icon_lol.gif

    I mean, it is their fault that we have no choice but to deal with Prometric icon_confused.gif??:
Sign In or Register to comment.