Options

Need help regarding Windows Server 2012 Certifications

cptmellowcptmellow Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi GuysI need some help in clarifying things regarding the Windows Server 2012 Certs. What books would you recommened for self study and how long did it take you guys to get the certs. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    To start you off, the 70-410 will be the first to knock out. It is best to do these in order as they build off one another. Some people do not do this and run into problems.

There is a new up to date book out now for that exam: Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, Zacker, Craig: ARCHIVE : Walmart.com

Also, CBT Nuggets has videos on all of the Server 2012 MCSE courses that I found VERY helpful when I got my 2012 MCSE.

CBT Nuggets: Microsoft Online Training Videos

Of course you will have to pay for a subscription.

In my opinion, I wouldn't throw money away on practice test software from companies as they did not help me in any way. They seem to set the wrong expectation. Which I understand as they don't want to be selling braindumps, but alot of the time, there will be stuff in them that you will never be questioned on.

My advise would be to read the book and then fill in the gaps with videos and Technet articles. Hope this helps!
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    For the Server 2012 MCSA (410, 411, and 412), it took about 3 months as I was very thorough and had little confidence in myself with passing. Once I did those, I expanded the MCSA into the MCSE (413 and 414). Those 2 exams took about another month. I only used CBT videos for those 2 exams as there wasn't a good book.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    alphabanksalphabanks Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am interested in the 2012 mcse myself and I was looking for some info on how to actually study. Of course I have a very good test lab here at the house which I will be using for labs. I was mainly interest in how much book reading vs video watching time looks like from what you say you were pretty much dependent on books and Technet information. Thanks for the advice it was very helpful.
  • Options
    cptmellowcptmellow Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    To start you off, the 70-410 will be the first to knock out. It is best to do these in order as they build off one another. Some people do not do this and run into problems.

There is a new up to date book out now for that exam: Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, Zacker, Craig: ARCHIVE : Walmart.com

Also, CBT Nuggets has videos on all of the Server 2012 MCSE courses that I found VERY helpful when I got my 2012 MCSE.

CBT Nuggets: Microsoft Online Training Videos

Of course you will have to pay for a subscription.

In my opinion, I wouldn't throw money away on practice test software from companies as they did not help me in any way. They seem to set the wrong expectation. Which I understand as they don't want to be selling braindumps, but alot of the time, there will be stuff in them that you will never be questioned on.

My advise would be to read the book and then fill in the gaps with videos and Technet articles. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice it helped clarified my questions.