Options

eLearnSecurity Student v2 course for $99 offer

2»

Comments

• Options
    zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    I did buy this course. From looking through the syllabus, I almost expected this course to be a bit below my level of knowledge in the area, but I wanted to give it a shot because I've been speculating the eCPPT for a while now. I went ahead and bought the course just to see how their teaching style was, and how well it worked for me. I'm actually really impressed by it, and I definitely did learn quite a few things, as well as clarified some of the things I already did know.

I'm looking forward to the launch of the eCPPTv3, and hoping for another sick discount ;)
  • Options
    elearnsecurityelearnsecurity Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zxshockaxz wrote: »

I'm looking forward to the launch of the eCPPTv3, and hoping for another sick discount ;)

Glad to hear you have been learning from PTS as well!
    PTP v3 is the perfect next step for all the PTS students because it comes with huge amount of practical sessions in our Hera Lab and a practical final exam that prepares you for a career in IT Security/Pentesting.

See you on the webinar then.
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I ran a search and didn't find this anywhere yet, so I thought I would add a reply here as it is a continuation of the same topic. I hope this is okay.

"Use the voucher (ELS-XMAS-2014) and the complete course is yours for just $49 - Grab it as long as the voucher still works. Yes, you can also tell others about it, the code works for everyone."

I don't know if I will ever go into security or even attempt being a pentester, but it looks like a lot of fun.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just ordered the course, Thanks IRONMONKUS

And by the way, the coupon is a 150$ discount on any course .. I checked the PTP course and was able to apply the coupone there too.
  • Options
    _nessie__nessie_ Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    Hello,

I ran a search and didn't find this anywhere yet, so I thought I would add a reply here as it is a continuation of the same topic. I hope this is okay.

"Use the voucher (ELS-XMAS-2014) and the complete course is yours for just $49 - Grab it as long as the voucher still works. Yes, you can also tell others about it, the code works for everyone."

I don't know if I will ever go into security or even attempt being a pentester, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Now Sir, thank you very much for that one ..
    I stumbled upon your post whilst browsing and searching for more information on the eCPPT and understood the best way for me was to drop my plans on the CEH and go for the eCPPT instead. Looking at the information and prerequisites provided on the elearnsecurity, thought I might be better off to go for the PTS first ...
    This discount only made me hesitate a split second icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! Awesome share. Thanks a bunch!!!!! Going to sign up for PTP/eCPPT. Should be a good jump towards OSCP later in '15.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Hey EngRob, I too just signed up for the PTPv3/eCPPT course using the gift card. It expires tonight so I'd sign up now if you're going to.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    I should be uploading my report tonight for the eCPPT exam. I did the student course to see how the quality of the material was. They're both well worth the money. Good luck to all of you. They're tons of fun.
  • Options
    snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got the PTS course the other day since it was so cheap with the voucher. I'd definitely recommend it. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The practical side is a lot of fun. It's quite basic in parts, but still well worth the money if you haven't had much experience with it all.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Hey EngRob, I too just signed up for the PTPv3/eCPPT course using the gift card. It expires tonight so I'd sign up now if you're going to.

Hey Jo, I signed up after posting. Looking forward to getting started with it. Did you get started yet?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Hey EngRob, I haven't started yet. I'm working on the CCENT right now and planning on doing the CCNA:S right after, then I'll get started on the PTPv3 course.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey guys...i'm in the class too!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown