70-680 materials/ labs?

jam3s121jam3s121 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I am looking to start working on my 70-680 cert, I was planning on buying the poulton text, watching professor messers videos but I am unsure if i need labs to work on this or not?

I can't seem to get the technet virtual labs to work.. says i need net framework 3.5 yet i already have 4.5.

I have a pretty powerful machine if i needed to configure it myself but is it needed?

Comments

• Brandonm2Brandonm2 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man!
    I am curently also working on my 70-680. I have the official microsoft Windows 7 Configuration book and I also have poultons book.I personally like the Official Microsoft book better because it has step by step how to examples and pictures. But poultons book went in depth a little more in some areas... Both are very good books.
    Labs...
    I personally have not used the technet labs a whole lot yet... The one I did was not very helpful... But I would check it out yourself more if you can...
    If you have a decent computer I would without a doubt set up your own lab. It is the only way to learn the harder things ex. WDS, MDT 2010,Group policy...
    What I did was install server 2008 r2 on a windows 8 computer in the hyper-v manager(it is a feature that you can install on windows icon_cool.gifnot sure if it comes with win 7.... Also install windows 7 in virtual machine. ex.oracle virtual box.
    Practice deploying windows all the different ways into the virtual machine.

Microsoft has FREE trial software for windows 7,8 and server 2008 R2. Download them and just practice deploying them in all the different deployment strategies. TechNet Evaluation Center

Using those tools you should be at very much on your way to getting certified!! Professor Messer is also an extremely good resource!!
    Have an amazing day!!:D
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I read a lot of people recommending using virtual labs. You can download free Virtual Machines and get the evaluation iso to do the labs with hands on exp.