Options

MS n00b

DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed Network+ yesterday (w00t!). Now I'm looking at 70-270. This will be my first MS exam. What can ya'll tell me about it? I've heard it's very confusing.

Also, how many questions are on the exam? How long do you have to take it? What's the scoring scheme?

Thanx.

Comments

• Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    this should give you a bit more info http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.asp

the exam shouldn't be hard if you work with XP on a regular basis, the questions are very long and confusing, you have to pay attention to them.

score 700 & above to pass

can't remember how long (think it's 240mins) or how many questions ther are sorry
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the link, however, it don't really tell ya much about the exam other than whats covered.

I've been using XP since it came out. I've even got it setup on a virtual machine so I can play with it without screwing up my "real" system, lol.

Any study advice?
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Haven't taken the exam yet, but what is feeling right for me is this:

-read the MS 2nd print 70-270 book from cover to cover.
    -take the full exam at the end and identify where you are weak.

I have always been weak with the details (specific numbers, switches, etc..), but I understand the logic easy (sharing, compression, ecnryption, group policy, etc..)

If you are weak on the logic, go over the training exercises (You got VMware right) and if the details are weak, then make a ton of flash cards and don't stop until you have every one memorized. The flashcards really work well for me.

Anyway the 70-270 2nd edition MS book got freaking awesome reviews on Amazon, it covers SP2, and I found one for $33 (on it's way).

I am shooting to take the exam in a couple weeks.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.