Options

Anyone have experience transferring csv files from an old website to a new one?

danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello guys and gals, I need your help. I have a friend that got screwed over in Texas, she recently had her website (a flower essences store) updated from an old host (host gator) to (go daddy) that she had hired two different people to help her with over the course of many months, however there is a csv file that was never transferred over (basically a contact list) to the new site. The two people hired did not do the job professionally and were not successful. I don't have any experience with this and wondering if anyone else has had this issue or had any advice? Thanks in advance.
I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None

Comments

• Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    was the application that makes the use of that csv file installed on the new host ? could that be the issue of why its not being transferred properly ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, that's a good question I will keep that in mind. I called the old host today and they said they were going to e-mail all the csv files they had so we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Danny a csv file is usually created when you backup a database. I'm pretty sure your friends site was hosted using mysql if you don't mind sharing details I can assist you for no cost. Let me know
  • Options
    Hey Santaowns that is very gracious of you I appreciate that. I will definitely let you know, as of right now she must have had a lot of csv files because at first the old host said they would send it to her without a problem, then she received another e-mail saying they wouldn't do it and they needed more info. So she needed one most importantly (her e-mail list) So we are just waiting to for a response. But once again thanks and I will let you know. :D