Options

Not a great start....

rjpearrjpear Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok..I guess we have all had this happen right? You study your tail off for an exam... Anticpate it happening on a certain day... Get there 15 Min early.. Feel Very confident..
Then I walk in and the first thing I do is check and see if the room is empty..All Clear.. Nice.. But about at that same moment, the person who runs the show (takes your name, etc..) makes eye contact. Then she proceeds to put her head on her desk stating "I hope you arenot going to tell me you are here for a Cert test?" .. Um..YeP! As I lay the Confirmation notice on her desk (which was gotten a week or more prior). She then explains that some "person" (who is never mentioned by name) decided it was time to redo the entire network. Of course they cannot get on the internet or make contact with the Own server... They struggle for 15 minutes to find a "tech guy", who looks the part, but after trying just to get Internet connectivity I realise this is the second string. So after sitting in a small room for an hour watching he guy do the same thing over and over, reboot after reboot, I told the person to reschedule.
Now of course they made the "offer" 15 minutes into the waiting period... "would it be easier to just reschedule?" Yeah..for you maybe.. But for a guy who took a half day of work off and drove 40 minutes to get to the testing center.. NO!..
So now they have to call Prometrci, which after 2 business days and 2 weekend days still reports "Pending". I figured this was to be just a simple call.. Maybe get a call the next business day stating they rescheduled the test for the next testing day (or 2)..I asked then to do this... But no..Here I am with no date... a short testing week (due to Thanksgiving)... A great big headache..
The testing site did offer a free Vocher for a future test, but I walked away with nothing in my hand so who knows..

..Ahh the Net+ process seems to be a long and bumpy one so far..

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    To be honest with you, I'm not surprised to hear that. I've heard stories like this on several occassions but have only had one experience similar to this with prometric. I've tested there many times and only had one bad experience, so I would say they could improve but I don't really think they're that bad. Sounds like you got there on one of those bad days.

If you wanna look at it on a positive note, you get a little more time to brush up on the material :Dicon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    yup...been there....

In the earlier days of the CEH, it was very hard to schedule the exam. When I was prepared to take it, it took me another 4 months to schedule! icon_evil.gif

And last week, I flew to San Jose for my CCIE lab....after paying all that money and flying there, I was really close to not being able to take the lab. I am glad that they allowed me to sit it anyway....

So..yes..we have all been there. I feal your pain. Just look at it as more time to study. icon_wink.gif

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I took my CCNA this morning, there was a problem with their machines and I had to wait 2 or 3 hours. By that time lots of other people came in to take their exams, and the guy in charge had to reboot the server.

It was a crappy day icon_sad.gif

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Ok..Still no info from the Testing place as to what they are going to do with me .. They don't return my calls etc..
    Prometic Reports me as a "No Show"... Kills me that they could care less about a "customer".. Not sure if they think they have you by the "*alls" (which they kinda do) or what...
    I wonder if I will study over thanksgiving... I mean it's either Turkey or a random OSI layer (I think the Datalink with some cranberry sauce!!)..

Have a lovely Holiday!!!

icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    well...good luck to you. I am not sure if I can eat turkey and study....I already get tired enough as it is.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Yeah, turkey owns studying... last Rememberance day (Canadian version of Veteran's day) I fell asleep on the couch with a DNS whitepaper in my hand... I just can't focus when I'm either too hungry or too full. Or after eating turkey. :) gobble.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    Well, Got my chance and pulled a 743 on it.. Not great..but it got me there...
    Once thing I noticed is that the actual tests seem to be a bit "easier" then the Practice ones... I just don't know if that's just my impression.. or I build it up in my mind and when I get to it It's not really that bad.. Who knows! ..
    Nothing Crazy on the test though.. I did have 3 Apple/Mac questions in a ROW!! Crazy random world!..

On to MS #270

Thanks!

:)
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE